The BEST audio interface for the best price!
Legacy 4K – Analogue Enhancement
• Real analogue enhancement inspired by SSL 4000 series (4K) console
• SSL has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it be the sound of our classic EQ ‘242’ and ‘292’ EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL G-Series Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of our ground-breaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, we’re always moving forward with analogue.
• Legacy 4K is an all-new analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000 series console (often referred to as ‘4K’). With the Legacy 4K button, we’ve distilled 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breath some life into ‘boring’ or ‘dull’ sounding input sources.
• 1st characteristic: High-Frequency EQ boost – The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a ‘forward’, yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
• 2nd characteristic: Subtle-Harmonic Distortion – 4K consoles are synonymous with imparting a certain ‘mojo’ to signals passing through them. This mojo comes through multiple stages of harmonic distortion from compressor VCAs, VCA Faders and other crucial areas like the transistor mix amps. Using modern components, we’ve created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet- sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path, helping to give your sound more edge!
Professional Studio Quality, Front To Back
• Class-Leading Preamps
• The Art: We’ve designed 2 class-leading, beautifully detailed mic preamps to capture every nuance of every performance, with enough gain to cope with whatever microphone you’re plugging in.
• The Tech: Many USB-powered audio interfaces use standard IC circuits in their mic amp designs. We prefer to use a different approach. Our 2-stage design uses a mixture of specially chosen discrete low-noise transistors in combination with ICs. This enables us to design mic preamps with exceptional noise performance and a superior gain range.
• And just because you’re working out of your home studio or on the road, doesn’t mean you should compromise on the quality of your audio interface. With SSL 2+ we’ve chosen to use the same industry-grade parts as found in our larger consoles and I/O products, delivering the same kind of quality you’d expect from a large SSL-equipped studio, into your personal workspace.
• Alps Pots throughout
• Neutrik XLR and Jack Connectors
• High-Current NJM Headphone Amp Output
• AKM AD/DA Converters – As used in our acclaimed Alpha-Link I/O products
SSL Production Pack
• SSL Native™ Vocalstrip 2 & Drumstrip plug-ins + an extended trial of the complete suite
Perpetual licenses for Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip, for the fast-track to the best vocal and drum sounds. Plus, try all the other SSL Native plug-ins (including the legendary Channelstrip and Bus Compressor) out for free, for 6-months
• Native Instruments® Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start
Kick start your musical journey with 2,000 customizable sounds – drums and percussion, bass, acoustic instruments, synths, pads and atmospheres, effects, and more in Komplete Start. Hybrid Keys lets you dig deeper by blending sampled pianos, synthesizers, mallets, and more, adding creative effects to produce completely new sounds.
• Avid®Pro Tools® | First + an exclusive SSL collection of AAX plug-ins
The light version of the industry-standard Pro Tools music production software, with an additional 23 plug-ins including the Classic Compressor Bundle: BF-2A, BF-3A and Purple Audio MC77, Fairchild 660 and Fairchild 670.
• Ableton®Live Lite™
The lightweight version of Ableton’s acclaimed music creation software for musicians, producers and performers alike.
• 1.5GB Samples from Loopcloud®
SSL and Loopcloud have come together to curate a collection of ready-to-roll samples and loops for your creations, organised intuitively by genre and available through the award-winning Loopcloud app.
• System requirements and Specs:
Mac OS 10.11 and above | Class-Compliant, Plug-and-play
Windows 8.1, Windows 10 | Install included ASIO/WDM driver
USB 2.0 Type C Connector (Box includes Type C to C and Type C to A)
• Mic Preamps
-130.5 dBu EIN
Gain Range: 62 dB
Max Instrument Input Level: +15 dBu
Max Line Input Level: +24 dBu
*Specs (Measured to AES17 Standards)
• Monitor Outputs
Dynamic Range: 112 dB
Max Output Level: + 12.5 dBu
• Headphone Output(s)
Dynamic Range: 111 dB
Max Output: +10 dBu
• Sample rates
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz